Content

Saturday, 31 March 2012

Diary Entry #2

2nd post! Yay!

I attended the debut of a close friend last night and it was a lot of fun. I'll tell you what happened before the debut so pay attention ok?

I woke up at around 10 in the morning. I took a bath because I was planning to go to the mall already to buy a gift for my friend but laziness took over and I ended up surfing the net till noon. I finally decided to prepare so I got dressed with my semi-formal attire and finally headed to the mall. 

I really don't know what to get for my friend so I first headed to National Bookstore to find a book but ended up with nothing. I asked the help of a sales clerk and followed her advice to get a shirt. I went to Artwork and bought a nice panda shirt. Success! I originally planned to get her another gift but found nothing :((. I met with two of my friends and I joined them so that I can save some money on transportation fees. 

We went to the venue at around 5 in the afternoon and unluckily we're the one of the firsts to arrive so we were really nervous and lost. There were a lot of people swimming but thanks to lady luck we found two of our former school mates who were also invited so we followed them to the venue. 

I began my ritual of taking a solo shot at the photo booth and the picture turned out good :)). The party started at around 5:30 with a video presentation made by the celebrator's father and it was really nice. It was so thoughtful. At that time I was beginning to get nervous since I'm one of 18 Roses which means I need to dance with the celebrator and to tell you honestly, I'm really a bad dancer. The celebrator was also taller than me so that made me self-conscious as well.

Time flied fast and it was my turn to dance. I got up and walked with confidence. I handed her the rose and got into position. Now something happened which made me very awkward. A string on one of the roses got into my mouth and I can't take it off since there are cameras in front of us. That single string ruined everything :'(. I tried to talk to her but I just can't take my mind off that damn string. 

The dance ended and I returned to my seat. I asked for two bottles of Tanduay Ice and a glass full of ice since the drink wasn't chilled. I drank the two bottles straight and after a few minutes my head started spinning. I became red and I knew then that I was drunk. Boy, I hate that feeling. I can't move properly. I know some people will probably laugh at me since I got drunk from Tanduay Ice. Now let me tell you something, you do get drunk from Tanduay Ice. You just think that you won't since the taste isn't really that bad but try drinking it straight and your head will spin around just like what happened to mine.

I tried to keep steady and after a few hours and a few times in the rest room I'm back to normal. I've had a couple of pictures with some of my friends. It's nice seeing them after a long time and I was very happy. 

We left the party and hour before midnight and went to the nearby McDonald's. We ordered some food and filled our bellies. Talked some more and shared with the latest happenings in our life. One of my friend cried since he thinks that he is going to fail one of his subjects and his parents are gonna get pissed. I told him a piece of advice and I hope that he'll follow what I said.

They drove me home at midnight and I slept the moment I got into bed. 

Well, that's what happened. The debut was amazing and I really wish the celebrator well. :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment